Equip Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS) for Next-Level Performance
It’s tempting to express vehicle performance purely in terms of horsepower and torque, but there’s so much more than output alone that goes into making an incomparable Acura drive. The Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS) System is one such element. Available with the Acura TLX and Acura RLX, it offers:
- Tighter handling in confined areas
- Smoother lane changes
- Optimized braking stability
Let’s take a closer look at what it is, how it works, and how it’s set to change driving expectations in the greater Columbus area.
What is Precision All-Wheel Steer?
P-AWS breaks new ground. It’s the first production all-wheel steer system that allows a vehicle’s rear wheels to adjust toe angles independently. Able to adjust the angle of rear wheels around driving speed, P-AWS provides fully independent rear steering and works in concert with:
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Agile Handling Assist Dynamic Braking System
Of course, how P-AWS works doesn’t matter as much as how it improves your drive.
How Does Precision All-Wheel Steer Enhance Your Drive?
Whether hitting the highway between Columbus and Westerville or stuck finding a space in a crowded Worthington parking lot, P-AWS is on hand to assist.
- Cornering: The rear wheels will angle slightly in the opposite direction from those at the front, enabling reverse-phase steering to help rotate the car into the turn for exceptional handling.
- Low-Speed: The same method of reverse-phase steering aids drivers tackling confined areas. Whether passing through dense city streets or navigating a cramped parking lot, you’ll exert finer control and enjoy a reduced turning circle.
- High-Speed Braking: When you require full braking force at high-speed, each of the rear wheels is angled slightly inward to produce added friction, enhancing both braking ability and stability in the process.
Precision All-Wheel Steer Showcases Next-Generation Driving Dynamics
Precision All-Wheel Steer is the sort of technology to get excited about if you value crisp, responsive driving behavior. To experience it for yourself, contact us today to arrange a test drive at Acura Columbus, which is located at 4340 Dublin Granville Rd. in Dublin, OH, and easy drive from Westerville and Worthington.