Acura Battery Service Near Columbus
At our Acura dealer serving Columbus, we believe that routine maintenance is an integral part of vehicle ownership. It’s important for vehicle owners to keep a close eye on all components of their vehicles to ensure that everything is working the way it should be.
It’s especially important to pay close attention to the condition of your vehicle’s battery. The battery in your vehicle supplies the necessary current to the starter motor and the ignition system while cranking to start the engine. Without a properly working battery, you could find yourself stuck—literally!
Ensure that your car’s battery is in tiptop shape; make sure that the connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free. Batteries don’t always give warning signs before they fail; at Acura Columbus, we suggest replacing batteries that are over three years old.
If you need a new car battery or simply a battery check for peace of mind, call (866) 604-0443 to schedule an appointment today!
- Get on I-70 W/I-71 S
- Follow I-70 W and I-270 N to OH-161 E/US-33 E in Dublin
- Take exit 17A from I-270 N
- Continue on Oh-161 E/US-33 E
- Continue straight onto W Dublin Granville Rd
- Make a U-turn at Dale Dr
- Acura Columbus will be on the right
”Excellent customer service and work. Environment is very comfortable and accommodating to those using a variety of mobile devices. Truly appreciate the quality of work and service!” – DealerRater.com Review
”We had a great experience at this Acura dealership location. Rom Vizla was amazing and helped us understand all the differences between various packages. It never felt like they are trying to make the sell by pushing us. Brian, his manager, was very engaging as well. Overall service and facility is very good. I would highly recommend them.” – DealerRater.com
How to Jump Start a Car
If you find yourself in a situation with a failed battery, it’s time to break out those jumper cables.
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car – make sure that it isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
If your vehicle starts, thank the person for helping you and hit the road! If you go through all of these steps and your vehicle still won’t start, it’s time to purchase a new battery.
The service technicians at our Acura service center serving Columbus will be more than happy to handle the battery installation for you! For more information about the battery in your vehicle or to schedule a service appointment with us, visit Acura Columbus or give us a call at (866) 604-0443.