Acura MDX and Acura RDX Win 2018 Best Cars for the Money Awards*
Acura SUVs stood tall in the U.S. News & World Report‘s 2018 Best Cars for the Money Awards. U.S. News named:
How did the Acura SUV lineup prove so indomitable? Read on to find out.
The U.S. News & World Reports 2018 Best Cars for the Money
Covering 14 different automotive classes, the Best Cars for the Money Awards seek out winners with “the best combination of quality and value in their respective segments,” and scooping the top spot isn’t easy.
To reach final decisions, U.S. News uses:
- U.S. News Best Car Ranking: Based on the consensus opinion of what professional automotive journalists thought.
- TrueCar Pricing Data: Tracks real-time transaction prices for new cars.
- Vincentric Total Cost of Ownership Data: Takes factors such as fuel, insurance, and repair costs into account over five years.
At the end of the day, the 2018 Acura RDX and 2018 Acura MDX ruled their respective segments.
2018 Acura RDX: Best Luxury Compact SUV
U.S. News & World Report praised the 2018 Acura RDX for its “ample seating space and a quiet, comfortable ride along with a long list of standard features and excellent crash test results.”
When you sit behind the steering wheel, you’ll relax into rich upholstery and take command of a drive that feels fresher and more spirited than you’d imagine from an SUV. Premium features include:
- 10-Speaker ELS Premium Sound System
- GPS-Linked Solar Sensing Climate Control
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
2018 Acura MDX: Best Luxury 3-Row SUV
The Acura MDX is a spacious 3-row SUV that blends sporty driving dynamics with family-friendly space. As noted by U.S. News & World Report, its “V6 engine has ample power for driving around town or highway merging and passing, and it provides a smooth ride and agile handling.”
It’s as well fitted as the Acura RDX, and even includes the following safety features as standard to protect you from harm as you cruise between Westerville and Worthington or navigate Columbus traffic:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
Find the Acura SUVs Lineup Waiting at Acura Columbus